Business Intelligence Specialist
The Business Intelligence Specialist advises on, designs and implements Business Intelligence (BI) software and systems, including integration with source applications.Apply now
The Business Intelligence Specialist advises on, designs and implements Business Intelligence (BI) software and systems, including integration with source applications.
1. Translate BI requirements into reliable BI solutions
Based on BI needs, produce and maintain functional and technical data structures (‘BI environment’) and arrange and retrieve needed data input from multiple source systems in a reliable manner for reporting, analysis and forecasting purposes.
2. Manage the BI environment and data in this environment
Maintain and adjust the BI environment in such a way that, even in a changing environment, the timely data retrieval is ensured at all times and the data’s integrity and consistency remain at all times safeguarded.
3. Create and maintain standard and ad hoc reports and queries
Based on the built BI environment, develop and maintain user friendly reporting queries and/or full reports and produce these by means of the various report generators.
4. Continuous improvement
Signal and take action upon malfunctions in processes and procedures and propose improvements.
- Degree on HBO/academic level
- 2 to 4 years experience in a Business Intelligence role
- Thorough understanding of relational databases and OLAP tooling
- Experience with reporting tool Qlikview
- Good knowledge of SQL query language, -server 2008, ETL (SSIS, KETTLE), VBS and NET
- Good understanding of business processes in a call centre environment is preferred
- Good knowledge of English
- Judgment & problem resolution
- Planning & organizing
- Cross functional awareness
- Concern for excellence
- Customer service orientation
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• Contract for one year (with possibility of extension)
• Salary indication €3300-4000 gross/month based on 40 hours a week and depending on experience
• The possibility to work in a very dynamic and multicultural environment (we have colleagues from over 37 different countries in the world)
• Office in the vibrant Westerpark area in Amsterdam
• Great social events multiple times a year
Cygnific started out as a modest reservations department, but thanks to our vision on continuous improvement we have become one of the world’s best performing customer experience providers. We are proud of the international character of our organisation, housing more than 900 employees from over 35 countries, providing service in 14 different languages. Want to get to know some new colleagues or improve your language skills? Not a problem! With flexible seating at all departments, you can choose who to sit with each day. Or you can meet up with your colleagues during lunch breaks, while enjoying fresh meals and delicious sandwiches in our cafeteria. Do you have a question for another department? Providing the best service to our customers is a joint effort, so you can always walk over and learn from the expertise of your colleagues. Ready to pick up a new challenge? At Cygnific, there are plenty opportunities to widen your knowledge and keep growing. Are you ready to join the Cygnific family? Then apply now.