Associate Security & Network Engineer
Together with the ICT support team and the Security and Network Manager, the Associate Security & Network engineer is responsible for the overall security, and the continuity of the total ICT Infrastructure. In this role, the Associate Security & Network engineer assists to develop an overall organizational security policy and enforces that policy to protect the technical infrastructure from security threats or unauthorized access. The Associate Security & Network engineer also assists to develop an architectural overview on network level, implements the agreed architecture and maintains the total network infrastructure on a day to day basis. The Associate Security & Network Engineer will be the back-up for the Security & Network Manager. The Associate Security & Network Engineer reports hierarchically to Manager ICT and has a functional line to Security & Network Manager.Apply now
1. Architecture Security & Network
Assist in the development of an overall organizational security policy, taking into account legal regulations by national and/or European laws. Enforce and control the security policy in cooperation with the Network & Security Manager and Cygnific executive management. Assist in developing an overall standard network architecture framework which supports Cygnific’ s business needs at all time.
2. Operations Security & Network management
Control and monitor the security policy and respond on incidents and/or violations. Take ownership of the ICT network infrastructure by improving its effectiveness, efficiency and ensuring that its performance is according to internal guidelines and needs. Keep all related regulations, configurations and procedures up-to-date and well documented.
Deliver support to colleagues and other departments.
4. Continuous improvement
Signal and take action upon malfunctions in processes and procedures and propose improvements.
- Polytechnic think and work level (HBO/WO)
- 2+ years experience as Network and/or Security engineer
- Good knowledge of Information & Communication Technology
- Good knowledge of networking hardware and software
- Knowledge on monitoring tools
- Checkpoint, Cisco, ITIL, CCNA/CCNP certified
- Understanding of the specificities of working in an ICT department in a commercial and service-oriented 24/7 environment
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language (both written and spoken)
- Building & maintaining relationships
- Analysis and problem solving
- Planning & organizing
- Communication skills
- Cross functional awareness
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fulltime contract of 1 year, with the intention to start a long-term cooperation
- Salary between €2,800 - €3,950
- Company benefits like holiday allowance, discount on health insurance, pension plan
- Social events, like an annual Christmas theme party, Cygnific BBQ and piggy days
- A characteristic office in the vibrant Westerpark area in Amsterdam
- Startdate: asap
Cygnific started out as a modest reservations department, but thanks to our vision on continuous improvement we have become one of the world’s best performing customer experience providers. We are proud of the international character of our organisation, housing more than 900 employees from over 35 countries, providing service in 14 different languages. Want to get to know some new colleagues or improve your language skills? Not a problem! With flexible seating at all departments, you can choose who to sit with each day. Or you can meet up with your colleagues during lunch breaks, while enjoying fresh meals and delicious sandwiches in our cafeteria. Do you have a question for another department? Providing the best service to our customers is a joint effort, so you can always walk over and learn from the expertise of your colleagues. Ready to pick up a new challenge? At Cygnific, there are plenty opportunities to widen your knowledge and keep growing