Assistant Controller Finance & Control
The Assistant Controller Finance & Control supports both the Manager Reporting & Financial Performance and the Manager Financial Reporting & Accounting, in ensuring reliable and timely financial reporting and providing insight in the overall financial and operational performance of Cygnific. The Assistant Controller Finance & Control will be the back-up for both abovementioned positions to safeguard continuity in both financial and management accounting.Apply now
1. Budgeting, planning and control
Based on insights from the financial reporting and the management of the different departments, assist in preparing, implementing and monitoring the departmental (operations and support) cost budgets.
2. Cost accounting and pricing
Assist in developing a cost pricing model for the costing and pricing of processes, services, products and customers on the basis of a good understanding of the true cost drivers behind the various cost pools, in terms of their variable or fixed cost nature and direct versus indirect nature.
3. Financial closing & reporting
Support in safeguarding the reliable and timely financial closing and reporting (‘financial accounting’). Part of this is the reporting of the financial statements (balance sheet, profit & loss) both internally and externally (KLM Corporate Control) while adhering to strict deadlines.
4. Internal control and accounting procedures
Adherence to the accounting principles set by KLM N.V. and GAAP. Develop, implement and maintain financial procedures and internal controls in line with accounting principles and external guidelines (GAAP).
5. Continuous improvement
Signal and take action upon malfunctions in processes and procedures and propose improvements.
· HBO think and work level
· 1 -2 years experience in a controlling- and finance position in a commercial and service oriented international business environment of at least a medium sized company
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
· Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential, Dutch is preferred
· Building and maintaining relationships
· Judgment & problem resolution
· Communication skills
· Planning & organizing
· Cross functional awareness
· Concern for excellence
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• Contract for one year (with possibility of extension)
• Salary indication €3350 gross/month based on 40 hours a week and depending on experience
• The possibility to work in a very dynamic and multicultural environment (we have colleagues from over 37 different countries in the world)
• Office in the vibrant Westerpark area in Amsterdam
• Great social events multiple times a year
Cygnific started out as a modest reservations department, but thanks to our vision on continuous improvement we have become one of the world’s best performing customer experience providers. We are proud of the international character of our organisation, housing more than 900 employees from over 35 countries, providing service in 14 different languages. Want to get to know some new colleagues or improve your language skills? Not a problem! With flexible seating at all departments, you can choose who to sit with each day. Or you can meet up with your colleagues during lunch breaks, while enjoying fresh meals and delicious sandwiches in our cafeteria. Do you have a question for another department? Providing the best service to our customers is a joint effort, so you can always walk over and learn from the expertise of your colleagues. Ready to pick up a new challenge? At Cygnific, there are plenty opportunities to widen your knowledge and keep growing. Are you ready to join the Cygnific family? Then apply now.